Pros & Cons of Metal Roofing
There are much more pros than cons when it comes to Steel or Metal Roofing. Below you will find out why the pros weigh more than the cons.
The Pros of Metal Roofing
- Quick Installation: Because there are wide panels any accomplished contractor can install the roof very quickly. This is beneficial especially if a storm is set to come in, in a few days.
- Long Lasting: The roof is resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot which will allow it to outlast any shingle roof.
- Fire Resistant: The roof is considered a Class A fire rating, which is the most resistant as the materials are noncombustible.
- Reflecting Heat: The roof will reflect the heat from the sun which will save energy needed for air conditioning during the day.
- Lightweight: The roof will not absorb moisture so its weight will stay the same in both dry and wet weather, unlike asphalt.
The Cons of Metal Roofing
- Cost: The initial cost is higher than asphalt. However the re-sale value is much higher and it will cost less in the long run as there is no need to re-roof or maintenance to be done.
- Noise: You can hear the sound of rain tapping on the roof but there is a method to minimize the drumming effect.
- Denting: Some denting may occur in an intense hail storm, however some styles are guaranteed not to dent.
It is always best to weigh the pros & cons of Metal Roofing when deciding whether or not to install a Steel or Metal Roof. If you would like more information and free estimate, contact us anytime.